6. Indexation of parameter values
This chapter provides guidance on the indexation of parameter values across all components until a new set of parameter values is released. In all cases, the indices should be applied to the monetary values generated in the document.
This is especially the case with VOCs (cents per km) where the indices should be used to update the total VOC values generated by the models estimated in this report and not applied to the coefficients themselves.
The recommended ABS indices, data series and source databases per component of the parameter values are contained in Table 37.
|Parameter value component||Recommended ABS index||ABS Series ID, Frequency & ABS Source Database|
|Fuel||CPI Automotive fuels||A2328636K (monthly) (1)|
|Oil||CPI Spare parts & accessories||A2328726R (monthly) (1)|
|Tyres||CPI Spare parts & accessories||A2328726R (monthly) (1)|
|Repairs & maintenance||CPI Spare parts & accessoriesCPI Maintenance & repairs of vehiclesPPI Road FreightPPI Auto parts||A2328726R (monthly) (1)A2328771A (monthly) (1)A2314058K (monthly) (2)|
|New vehicles||Passenger vehicles:CPI motor vehiclesCommercial vehicles:PPI Road freight
PPI Motor vehiclesPPI Vehicle body & trailer
|A2328591T (monthly) (1)A2314058K (monthly) (2)A2308487V (monthly) (3)A2305913V (monthly) (3)|
|Travel time||Average weekly earnings, adjusted by:CPI (all groups) if NAGDP per capita (adjusted by CPI to real terms )||A2772123T (bi-annually: May & Nov) (4)A2325846C (1)A2304887J (5)|
|Crash costs||CPI (all groups) or GDP per capitaCPI Medical, dental & hospital services||A2325846C (monthly) (1)A3604388C (monthly) (1)|
|VOC models||Passenger cars: CPI private motoringCommercial vehicles: PPI Road freight||A2326656J (monthly) (1)A2314058K (monthly) (2)|
Source: ARRB adapted from ABS
- ABS Series 6401.0 Consumer Price Index, Australia: Table 7: CPI: Group, Sub-group and Expenditure Class, Weighted Average of Eight Capital Cities.
- ABS Series 6427.0 Producer Price Indexes, Australia: Table 21: Output of the Transport, postal and warehousing industries, group and class index numbers.
- ABS Series 6427.0 Producer Price Indexes, Australia. Table 12: Output of the Manufacturing industries, division, subdivision, group and class index numbers.
- ABS Series 6302.0 Average Weekly Earnings, Australia: Table 2: Average Weekly Earnings, Australia (Dollars) - Seasonally Adjusted.
- 5206.0 Australian National Accounts: National Income, Expenditure and Product. . Table 30: Key Aggregates and analytical series, Annual.
 Methodology as outlined in Austroads (2013a).