Public consultations–updates to the Australian Transport Assessment and Planning (ATAP) guidelines
New draft updates for comment
- Research Report into Road Reliability Measurement—released 30 April 2021—Comments due 4 June 2021 PDF: 9.80 MB
Release of ATAP Draft Content–for review
Further updates of the Guidelines will occur on an iterative basis, rather than in stages, as was the case for the National Guidelines for Transport System Management. To provide transparent and timely updates, the revised content will be released for public comment as it is completed by the Steering Committee. Stakeholders will be advised when draft content is released (see more below).
Interested parties will have 3 or 4 weeks to comment on each draft as it is released; comments are to be provided to the ATAP Secretariat, contact details: email ATAP@infrastructure.gov.au or GPO Box 594, Canberra ACT 2601.
Transparent Public Comment Process
- Draft ATAP guidance will be released for public comment for 3 or 4 weeks.
- Following the closure of a comment period, the comments will be reviewed by the ATAP Steering Committee and updates to the draft guidance will be made as necessary.
- The final draft guidance will then be approved by the Transport and Infrastructure Council.
- The new guidance will then be incorporated into the ATAP Guidelines and made available on the ATAP website. ATAP subscribers will also be notified when new guidance is published.