Back to top
At a glance
- Step 2 of the Framework provides guidance on identifying, assessing and prioritising the problems that are preventing (or are likely to prevent) the goals and objectives defined in Step 1 from being achieved.
- The purpose of this step is to:
- Identify current and emerging problems
- Demonstrate that these problems are a constraint on the achievement of the stated goals and objectives, and that reducing the problem results in benefits
- Provide data-rich evidence of the problems, their scale and extent, their cause and effect, and their associated economic, social and environmental costs
- Determine the priority of problems.
- This step should result in clear statements of problems, and documented evidence of their scale, extent, costs, causes and priority.