Back to top
At a glance
- This volume of the Guidelines provides guidance for developing and applying strategic highway and public transport models when appraising major transport initiatives. The focus in this volume is on the modelling of person-based travel demand across road and public transport networks. This guidance is not intended to be comprehensive; rather, it represents the minimum level of recommended acceptable practice.
- The following key areas are covered in this volume:
- An overview of the transport modelling process and associated high level issues
- Standard transport model structures and techniques for modelling person-based travel demand
- The data inputs required for the transport models, and the associated collection approaches and techniques
- The techniques used in transport model development
- The use of transport models for forecasting and evaluation.
- Development of a volume focusing on freight transport modelling is not included in the Guidelines at this stage.